Review: The Sign of Four

The Sign of Four The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
An Exciting read. Treasure hunt, murder, mystery and deductions; full of everything. 
Enjoyed reading through it. Sherlock Holmes also explains his science of deductions to quite an higher level. His addiction of addictives in the absence of an excitable case to work on.
The friendship progresses to a much higher level between Holmes and Dr. Watson.
Dr. Watson manages to get a wife by some precariouly curious instances during helping the formidable detective. Happily married in just 2nd novel with Mary Watson. I was bit amazed as in the Sherlock series, the marriage happens during quite different circumstances and quite later in the series at around season 3, I guess.
Some of lines I liked are as follows:
"A woondrous subtle thing is love, for here were we two who had never seen each other before that day, between whom no word or even look of affection had ever passed, and yet now in an hour of trouble our hands instinctively sought for each other. I have marvelled at it since, but at the time it seemed the most natural thing that I should go out to her so, and, as she has often told me, there was in her also the instinctto turn to me for comfort and protection. So we stood hand in hand, like two children, and there was peace in our hearts for all the dark things that surrounded us."   - Dr. Watson
"When you have eliminated the impossible whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"  - Sherlock Holmes
"Women are never to be entirely trusted -not the best of them." - Sherlock Holmes


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Anxious People

The Universal Cell Theory [The Unicell Theory] by Harsh Maurya